The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000. The Department offers B.Tech Information Technology Programme . The department has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members The department follows Anna University curriculum and lays equal emphasis on theoretical and experimental concepts The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various labs, well equipped Seminar halls, class rooms and a Department library.
The Department has an Association “ADHOIT – Association of Information Technologists” through which seminars, guest lectures and workshops based on the curriculum and the recent trends in IT industries are offered to students. The Department has produced many University Ranks in the Anna University.
The department regularly organizes Faculty Development Programs and also encourages Faculty members to participate in the Faculty Development Programs, Workshops and Seminars arranged by other institutions and leading software industries in their own research area as a step towards strengthening their domain knowledge.
- To provide exemplary education in Information Technology and Research for creating technically competent professionals to meet the requirements of dynamic global scenario.
- To endow the students with strong fundamentals, technical skills and practical knowledge through resourceful and proficient faculty members.
- To facilitate excellent research environment to achieve better advancement in technology for the upliftment of the society.
- To equip the students with high quality training and keep them abreast of latest technologies.
- To induce zeal and zest in students by providing them with right ambience, life skills and leadership qualities.
Scope of the Employment:
With the world going hi-tech, the increasing demand for IT professionals is justifiable. A career in IT is considered one of the most high-paying jobs. It provides many challenging opportunities, particularly when India’s prowess in information technology industry is recognized across the globe.
These days, IT sector is so well evolved that it is directly or indirectly influencing the working of various other sectors like healthcare, aviation, education, manufacturing sector, and telecommunications sector, and also various Government enterprises and Departments.
IT graduates have employment opportunities in various departments like design, development, assembly, manufacture, and maintenance with the following job positions:
- Web Developer and Designer
- Data Security Officer
- Database Manager
- Software Developer
- Information Technology Engineer
The startup companies also recruit talented IT professionals. So, those who are looking for a creative and challenging work environment may grab a job in the startup sector. Also, they may use their IT skills and start their own company or a consultancy firm.
Hence the future holds great expectations for the IT professional, as it provides the highest level of practically applicable knowledge to an individual.