The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000. The Department offers B.Tech Information Technology Programme . The Department has dedicated, experienced and highly qualified faculty. The Department follows Anna University curriculum and gives equal emphasis on theoretical and experimental concepts. The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various labs, well equipped Seminar halls, class rooms and a Department library.
The Department has an Association “ADHOIT – Association of Information Technologists” through which seminars, guest lectures and workshops based on the curriculum and the recent trends in IT industries are offered to students. The Department has produced many University Ranks in the Anna University.
The Department regularly organizes Faculty Development Programs and also encourage Faculty members to participate in the Faculty Development Programs, Workshops and Seminars arranged by other institutions and leading software industries in their own research area as a step towards strengthening their domain knowledge.
- To provide exemplary education in Information Technology and Research for creating technically competent professionals to meet the requirements of dynamic global scenario.
- To endow the students with strong fundamentals, technical skills and practical knowledge through resourceful and proficient faculty.
- To facilitate excellent research environment to achieve better advancement in technology for the upliftment of the society.
- To equip the students with high quality training and keep them abreast of latest technologies.
- To induce zeal and zest in students by providing them with right ambience, life skills and leadership qualities.
Scope of the Employment:
With the world going hi-tech, the increasing demand for IT professionals is justifiable and one of the well-paid sectors, the reason of engineering students choosing the IT stream. Career in IT is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is full of opportunities, particularly when India’s prowess in information technology industry is recognized across the globe.
These days, IT sector is so well evolved that it is directly or indirectly influencing the working of various other sectors [healthcare, aviation, education, manufacturing sector, telecommunications sector, various Government initiatives and Departments etc] also.
Graduates have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance with following job posts,
- Web Developer and Designer
- Data Security Officer
- Database Manager
- Software Developer
- Information Technology Engineer
The startup scenario also recruits talented IT professionals. So, those who are looking for a creative and challenging work environment may land a job in the startup sector. One may also use IT skills and start their own venture or even a consultancy firm also.
Hence the future holds great expectations for the IT professional, as it provides the highest level of practically applicable knowledge to an individual.