PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
To develop latest technical knowledge and practical skills in the application of broad elements, essential to successful engineering design, realistic constraints and a systematic engineering process catering to industry needs.
The educational objectives of UG program in Civil Engineering are:
- PEO1 : PREPARATION:
To provide strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- PEO2 : CORE COMPETENCE:
To provide thorough knowledge and complete understanding in Civil subjects including theoretical and practical training for preparing physical models pertaining to Survey , Computer Aided Building Drawing , Strength of Materials , Construction Materials, Structural Analysis and Design, Hydraulic Engineering , Communication Skills , Concrete and Highway Engineering ,Soil Mechanics, Environmental Engineering , Survey Camp, Computer Aided Design and Drafting etc….
- PEO3 : DESIGN COMPETENCE:
To provide relevant engineering experience in designing and conducting experiments as well as analyzing the significance of the experimental data.
- PEO4 : SOFT SKILL:
To provide training in soft skills via English language, communication, verbal, logical, analytical, comprehension, team building, inter personal relationship, group discussion etc for placement.
- PEO5 : CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
To inculcate the habit of lifelong learning for career development through successful completion of advanced degrees, professional development courses, industrial training etc.
- PEO6 : PROFESSIONALISM:
To impart technical knowledge, ethical values for professional development of the student to solve complex problems and to work in multi disciplinary ambience, whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
The outcomes of departments are that the students after successful completion of the course will acquire:
- A. An ability to apply knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering subjects.
- B. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- C. An ability to design and conduct experiments to interpret data and analyze the results.
- D. An ability to identify and offer solutions to problems in areas of social importance. e.g. transportation, water treatment and supply, legal aspects etc.
- E. An ability to assess environmental impact of various projects involving Civil Engineering and envisage acceptable sustainable solutions to curb environmental damage.
- F. An ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- G. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- H. An ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities.
- I. An ability to gain knowledge to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, environmental and societal context.
- J. An ability to understand the need and engage in life-long learning process.
- K. An ability to articulate unambiguous technical language through oral and written communication.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO1 :
Apply knowledge of mathematics through differential equations, calculus-based physics, chemistry, and at least one additional area of science.
- PSO2 :
Apply knowledge of four technical areas appropriate to civil engineering, including but not limited to structural, geotechnical, transportation, Geoinformatics, environmental, and water resources engineering
- PSO3 :
Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- PSO4 :
Familiarize with various facets of construction and its planning like project scheduling, resource and material management, understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts