Eligibility General :
Candidates satisfying the following eligibility rules as on last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination or changing the religion etc. after this date shall not be considered.
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu only will be considered for admission. However, the following categories of candidates are also eligible to apply as Tamil Nadu candidate subject to certain conditions given below
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Native candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. including Diploma in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the "Nativity Certificate".
- Candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. or their equivalent Examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu, should enclose a copy of the "Nativity Certificate" (vide certificate No. I) with the application for considering them as candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Applications without proper Nativity Certificate for item 3.1 (A) (ii) will not be considered.
Candidates belonging to Other State (eligible for Open Competition only)
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the "Nativity Certificate
- Children of Central Government Employees otherwise not domicile of Tamil Nadu may also apply for admission, irrespective of their domicile, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Sons / daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply, irrespective of their domicile, provided a certificate from the employer is enclosed along with the application that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slip, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS. Applications without proper Employer Certificate or without Nativity Certificate for the sub clause (ii), (iii) and
mentioned above will not be considered.
- The candidates mentioned in sub clause (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) are eligible for Open Competition only.
Srilankan Tamil Refugee candidates studying in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition as per
G.O. (St) No. 172 Higher Education (J2) Dept. dated: 29.06.2010. They have to enclose the following :
- Identification from Head Quarters Tahsildar
- Those who have not registered in the refugee camp, they should submit passport and visa.